7.18.2008

Trading Spaces is not as easy as it looks!

After 4 trips to Home Depot (3 by me and 1 by my dad) and a week of hard work... my chairs are finally finished! Thankfully Caroline took pity on me and decided that she would help. This was quite the project! Stripping, sanding, and painting 6 chairs was much more work than I anticipated! In fact, several times during the ordeal I asked myself why I wanted to strip, sand, and repaint the kitchen chairs. On the bright side, I now feel as if the paint aisles at Home Depot are my domain and I was able to learn quite a lot. Now will I ever use my new found knowledge on a new project? Ask me in a few months because currently the answer is no.

So you too can admire my handiwork...

Stripping the chairs:


I like the contrast of the table and chairs:


So this will be the cozy little table at the Katie and Rebecca residence! Come and visit and then you can eat dinner at our little table!

2 comments:

Candace said...

Yeah! I've been patiently waiting for this post. The chairs are adorable, and what else can you expect other than a huge drawn out ordeal. The project involved paint, Home Depot and a due date. Love you!

Sarah said...

Wow, wow, wow! Becca, you're so talented! I'm so impressed it looks beautiful! (This is Sarah (Porter) Tulane -- I found your blog from Cassie's)